10 Love & Romance Books To Give as Valentine’s Day Gift in 2019
Books are excellent sources of wisdom and knowledge you need to grow and live a better life.
February being a love month, giving your loved one these love and romance books as a gift is a creative way to express love.
These books will teach you and your partner how to build strong and intimate relationships and even marriage.
- 10 Life-Changing Books for WOMEN.
- 10 Books you should if you want to become a BILLIONAIRE.
- 10 Must-Read Books for BLOGGERS.
- 10 Best-selling books you must read before you DIE.
This post may contain affiliate links, read a full disclosure policy here.
10 Love & Romance Books To Read In 2019
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
Love is so beautiful in the first months or years of falling into one, but as your partner’s demands increase, conflicts kick in, and the two of you get caught up in the boredom of everyday life, staying in love can become impossible.
In this book, Gary teaches the art of keeping relationships fresh, flourishing and growing deeper intimacy with your partner.
You will learn how to meet the love needs of your partner once you understand their love language. For example, you might respond more to romantic words, while your partner responds to touch more.
In this love and romance book, you shall learn how to exactly meet each other’s need to keep your intimacy strong.
2. What I Love About You Fill In The Love Journal by Knock Knock
Creativity and open communication are the two critical catalysts for a fresh and intimate love connection.
This love and romance book are more like a journal with fill-in-the-blank guided prompts and questions where you or your partner can express what they feel about your relationship and connection.
This is a fantastic gift for Valentine because both you and your partner can fill the book then exchange your copies.
This is a fan, humorous and creative way to measure your partner’s commitment and depth of love for each other.
3. Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desire; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs
This love and romance book contains lots of wisdom you need to understand the relationship between love and respect in marriage and relationships.
The Bible says that women should respect their husband, and in return, your husband should love you back. (Ephesians 5:33)
If your man feels disrespected, he will not love your right as you deserve. This brings me to my favorite quote from this book;
“Without love, she reacts without respect, and without respect, he reacts without love.”
4. Act like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment by Steve Harvey and Mike Hodge
This is a must-read love and romance book for women who want to find real love and grow happy and healthy marriages.
Steve argues that he has meet incredible women who run businesses, are wealthy and are on the tiptop of everything except finding love or sustaining their marriages.
This book help women to understand what makes men commit, love unconditionally and stick around.
In summary, this is a book that will teach you how to tame your current valentine love and transform it into a long-lasting unconditional love.
5. Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman’s Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship by Sherry Argov
Let me begin by clarifying the meaning of “Bitches” in the context of this book. This is a woman who has high standards, independent mindset and one who does not say yes to everything.
Sherry argues that men commit to the woman described above compared to her opposite who is always sacrificing herself for the man or saying yes to every demand.
This book will help you to understand why men take nice girls or granted and why men change after some time in a relationship.
Equipped with that knowledge you will be able to negotiate your value around your partner without appearing needy, too loose or too easy going.
Every woman struggling with self-esteem, acceptance and making men commit to her should read this book.
6. Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex by John Gray
Men and women are not only different in facial and physique features, but also their love, emotional and relationship needs.
It’s easy to assume that your man should be like your best girlfriend and vice versa, which is not always the case because men and women communicate differently and do not share similar needs.
This love and romance book will equip you with the right knowledge which will help you to meet the specific needs of your partner based on their sex without making any assumptions or conclusions.
You will be able to avoid communication conflicts, and behavioral stumbling blocks once you apply the principles laid out in this book.
7. The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman & Nan Silver
This book is written by two counselors who have observed the patterns that can make or break a marriage in their profession and also their marriage.
Before you say “I DO” you should read this love and romance book to learn the ingredients which make or break a marriage.
This love and romance book will equip you with the right knowledge on conflict resolution, achieving great intimacy and how to deal with issues related to sex, money, religion and anything else.
8. The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz & Janet Mills
Falling in love is very easy, but keeping or staying in it has always been the difficult part of the process.
It is unrealistic to assume that all couples are happy and experiencing deep intimacy and love towards each other.
If love and intimacy seem to have died off in your relationship or marriage, you should read this book to understand how to bring the spark back and keep it too.
Every single person should also read this book before they get into committed relationships so that they understand the deal breakers which take away love.
9. Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud
Do you find yourself getting used and hurt most times in relationships because you are too loving unselfish and always the nice person?
If you feel that you always say yes to most people requests not to hurt them or you always see the good in everyone, you need to read this book.
You can set boundaries and say no without hurting others or appearing to be unromantic or unloving.
This book will teach you to put your love in control through setting realistic boundaries without pushing people who love you away.
10. Five Newly Released Love & Romance Books to Read in 2019
- Eight Dates: Essential Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
- Best Self: Be You, Only Better
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples: Third Edition
- Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love
- Love Worth Making: How to Have Ridiculously Great Sex in a Long-Lasting Relationship