The advantage of the internet is that there is a job for everyone even retired people.
If you are a retired person or a senior citizen, you do not have to sit idle all day in your home because there are many works from home jobs for retirees on the Internet.
The advantage of these types of online jobs is that you can do them from anywhere during your free time.
Another upside is that they are all high paying, and they will make you make easy, fast cash quickly.
- 10 work from home jobs for MOMS
- 30 of the best work from home jobs for STUDENTS
- 5 high-paying work from home jobs for PET LOVERS
- 100 work from home COMPANIES that are always hiring
- 10 straightforward work from home jobs for LAZY PEOPLE
- 5 high profitable work from home business ideas you can start without MONEY
This post may contain affiliate links, read a full disclosure policy here.
10 Work From Home Jobs For Seniors & Retirees
1. Taking Surveys
Taking surveys is one of the most straightforward work from home job for retirees who want to make some extra cash and to keep themselves busy.
Also, completing a survey takes less than 20 minutes, which means you can complete more than 20 surveys per day. That shows that there is potential to make more extra cash with this make online money opportunity.
This work from home job suits any literate person because surveys are available in all subjects, such as health, online shopping, electronics and internet usage among others.
3 of The Best High Paying Surveys Sites
Tutoring also called as teaching is one of the best work from home job for retirees who love to be caregivers.
There are many tutoring opportunities on the internet you can use to make money online as a tutor.
The pay at VIPKID is attractive and above $12 per hour. They also give all new teachers a free $300 sign up bonus.
3. Pet Care
Are you someone who loves pets and animals? Pet care is one of the best work from home job for retirees you should try.
There are many forms of pet care tasks, such as dog walking, pet grooming, pet training, and pet cuddling among others.
5 Work From Home Jobs For Pet Lovers
- Write about pets for Wide Open Pets
- Become a dog walker at Dog Vacay
- Become a sales representative at 1-800-PetMeds
- Start a pet business, such as create a blog on Bluehost, write content about pets and monetize the blog to make money from it.
- Get a part-time pet sitting job at Rover
For a more detailed explanation of the five online jobs above, visit this post: Work from home jobs for pet lovers.
4. Start a Lending & Renting Online Business
Peer to peer lending is another simple work from home job for retirees you can use to make some extra cash.
Lending Club is one the websites where you can practice peer to peer lending (you lend someone money, and they pay you back with a profit).
Apart from lending money, you can also rent out an extra room in your house to companies, such Airbnb.
Renting property is a brilliant make money idea, especially now during the holiday season. Since people will be traveling a lot away from their hometowns, they will need rental rooms to spend their nights during vacation and the holidays.
Apart from money and an extra room, you can also rent out space in your car through entering in a car sharing partnership at Getaround.
Most people will want to travel around, especially during the holidays, but they lack care. Therefore, you can share your car with such people and make at least $1000 per month.
Being a freelancer is a state where other people can hire you to complete short tasks for them, such as the ones below:
- Social media management
- Virtual assistance
- Website development among others….
As a freelancer, you will have the flexibility to work part-time at your free time on any project which matches your likes and desires.
The advantage about Fiverr is that the lowest amount for any gig is $5. That means you will not be underpaid for your services.
6. Start a Consultancy or Coaching Business
As a retired person or senior citizen, you must have some expert knowledge in a given niche or set of skills.
Since knowledge is power, you can build a consultancy or coaching online business and begin to share that knowledge with audiences who need it.
For example, if you know a lot about health, you can consider starting an online health consultancy agency.
In other words, you can start an online business in your area of expertise and begin making money online.
Starting a business is not easy, but this is one of the best work from home job for retirees because it has high-profit returns.
7. Selling Online
How about you become an online retailer, wholesaler or re-seller of products and services?
Selling online is one of the best work from home jobs for retirees because it has high returns.
Also, you do not need any technical expertise skills because you can do all the learning on the job.
Also, you can sell almost everything that is sold in traditional shops in your online store or business.
Example of 10 things you can sell online
- Sell photos and stock images at Getty Images and Shutterstock.
- Sell new and second-hand cars/vehicles at Blinker.
- Make and sell handmade crafts at Etsy.
- Build an eCommerce or drop shipping online store at Shopify or BigCommerce and begin selling online.
- Design and sell T-shirts at Teespring
- Sign up at Carvertise and sell to sell advertisements on your car.
- Sell WordPress themes, plugins and other products at Theme Forest and Envanto Elements.
- Sell old and used books at BookScouter.
- Sell used baby gear at Craiglist.
- Sell anything at eBay.
- Sell online courses at Udemy, Teachable, and Skillshare.
8. Get A Part-Time Job
Most of these part-time jobs will pay you above $9 per hour which means you can easily make good money from home at your Flexible schedule.
6 Examples of Part-time Work from Home Jobs
- Become a customer service representative at Amazon and Convergys.
- Get at translation job at Rev and language line solutions.
- Find as search engine evaluation job at Appen and Lionbridge.
- Find an insurance Jobs at The Hartford and Prudential.
- Apply for a call center agent at Liveops, and Sitel.
- Become a travel agent or counselor at American Express, and World Travel Holdings
9. Become Blogger
Blogging is one of the best work from home job anyone can do even retirees.
The advantage of being a blogger is that you get an opportunity to give your opinion about a topic you love.
For example, I can make more than $3,000 per month from this blog working part-time from home.
Blogging is an easy career because you do not need any technical expertise. I knew nothing about this online job when I started. I learned all I know now on the job, and you can do it too!
- A step by definitive step guide on how to start a blog on Bluehost.
- How to make $2000 per month and more with a blog.
- How to grow your blog traffic by 100% in two months
- Do bloggers make money? Learn from the experts!
- How to make your blog posts rank on Page 1 of Google.
- 60 blogging tools and resources I use on this blog daily
Want to become a blogger?
GET 50% OFF BLUEHOST HOSTING
GET 10% OFF DIVI THEME
Read: 20 Reasons I Love Divi
10. Become a Driver
Do you have a driver’s license and some excellent driving skills? If you do, this is one of the best work from home job for retirees because it is fun and you get to travel to places.
Also, you will be able to meet new people who will diversify your network and develop your communication skills.
Four ways to make money as a Driver
Bonus: Other Work From Home Jobs For Retirees
- Download and install this money making mobile apps, such as Nielsen Mobile and Computer App and make more than $50 per app.
- Use shopping apps, such as Ebates and make money every time you shop online.
- Use one of these 30 passive income ideas to make money while you sleep.
- Become a Mystery shopper at Best Mark
- Get a local tour guide job at ToursbyLocals.
- Become an online juror at eJury.com.
Make Money On Swagbucks
SWAGBUCKS is the largest get paid to (GPT) site on the internet!
Once you get enough points, you can redeem them into cash or Amazon gift cards. For example, $7 Amazon gift card is equivalent to 620 SB.
10 ways to make money on Swagbucks
- Watch videos and earn 3 SB for every 30 minutes video.
- Download and install phone apps, and make 15-50 SBs per action.
- Earn points and cash backs when shopping online. For example, for every $2 you spend shopping you get 3 SBs.
- Complete surveys and polls, which take less than 20 minutes. You will make 40-100 SBs per survey/poll.
- Get 10% of lifetime earnings on Swagbucks of a friend you refer as long as they remain members.
- Use Swagbucks Browser Extension to discover and get alerts on latest shopping codes, swag codes, and
- Enter into sweepstakes contests, cash giveaways, and other bundles.
- Play games online and get paid 10 SBs per game.
- Use Swagbucks browser and expect to make 10-20 SBs for every 10 to 20 searches.
- Sign up to services and daily goals plans, and expect to earn more SBs.