10 Reasons Why I Love SiteGround WordPress Hosting
Siteground WordPress Hosting Review
- Community Support
- WordPress Support
1. Positive reputation
2. 99.9% uptime guarantee
3. Recommended by WordPress
4. Free website transfer, SSL certificates and Cloudfare
5. 30-day money-back guarantee
6. Excellent customer service
1. limited disk space
2. Charge a set-up fee for month to month hosting
I know there are many factors to consider when choosing a WordPress hosting.
The most important being speed, performance, storage space, customer support, pricing and market reputation among others. The purpose of this Siteground WordPress hosting review is to show you that SiteGround takes care of all these considerations and much more than most hosting providers do.
I host all my websites with them because they are simply amazing as you will find out in the 10 reasons I will discuss in this Siteground WordPress hosting review. To proof that this is no scam, use WhoIsHostingThis.com to proof this website is actually hosted with SiteGround.
1. SiteGround Customers Love Them
I believe in conducting a comprehensive test, research, and scrutiny on any product before I buy or use it.
The best method to achieve this is by reading the reviews, comments, and recommendations left by other customers who have used the product. Before writing this Siteground WordPress hosting review, I used social media networks and review sites to find out the experience of other customers. One of the places to find valuable reviews is on Facebook groups and Twitter.
Seriously, I searched for any bad review all over the internet from customers, and all I found was Siteground’s Customer Love and endorsements.
Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that SiteGround does not have any negative review, no no no I simply mean that I could not find any in my process of research.
All I found were praises and outstanding BBB rating scores of A. You can also look up at the much love and positive reviews from customers they have at one of the largest online review community for companies, TrustPilot. To cut a long story short, I got in at SiteGround because if their customers only show love and appreciation, why would I be missing out of the cake?
2. Recommended by WordPress, Top Bloggers and Websites I Follow
We all have those specific destinations (blogs and websites) that we visit every time we need to learn something. Here are my top six favorite destinations that I visited before writing this SiteGround WordPress hosting review. Interestingly, I found out that they do not shy away from endorsing SiteGround as one of the best hosting provider in the industry.
- Syed Balkhi, the founder of wpbegginer, one of those destinations you can find any information on WordPress recommends them. Check out Wpbegginer Siteground review, and it is one of their top five hosting providers for WordPress.
2. WordPress.org my content management system recommends Siteground and one of its top three WordPress hosting providers. Seriously, if the mother of everything recommends one product I want to use-Siteground in this case-why should I have more doubts?
3. Elegant Themes, my number one theme shop, recommends SiteGround as one of the Top WordPress Hosting companies. I use Divi 3.0 from Elegant Themes for all my websites. Read my full review on Divi 3.0 to find out 20 reasons why I use this theme and why you should too.
b) The response is instant within two minutes and at most 10 minutes (I have never experienced more than 1 minute wait time-that is how good and fast they are). If you do not believe me in this one, take a moment and begin a live chat with SiteGround support from their homepage.
4. SiteGround Prioritizes the WordPress Community
b) SG Site Scanner: This tool is not free, you get it for $12/yr which in my opinion is cheap because your website will be protected from malware, domain blacklist, and other malicious attacks. This tool is provided and powered by Sucuri, one of the best security providers. SiteGround sends weekly reports to my email on this too.
5. SiteGround has the best Speed Technologies and Performance Records
- Linux containers (LXC): A stable, elastic and efficient technology that ensures performance even in unexpected traffic spikes.
- Pro-active server monitoring: This enables them to monitor server status, detect issues and fix them immediately.
- They have their own backup system: A host with a personal backup server like Siteground enables efficient storage and fast restore processes.
- Have unique Anti-bot AI: This is a solution to all brute-force attacks by unauthorized access to your website servers.
- Secure account isolation: It assures customers that all accounts in shared hosting plans are independent and none can affect the other by any means.
You can use a tool like UptimeRobot to monitor if your servers uptime is 100% or it experiences downtime. As I was writing this SiteGround WordPress hosting review I tested the uptime of this website. From the results below, you can see that my website hosted with SiteGround has 100% all the time.
6. You get More and more Free Giveaways at SiteGround
- Creating a website is made easy by the Free website builder.
- You will get a Free site transfer with every hosting account in SiteGround.
- If you are a complete beginner and do not understand how to use WordPress or Drupal, you will get Free CMS install from their support.
- You can create many professional Free Email accounts in SiteGround Cpanel.
- To serve your customers better in terms of proximity, you will get Free CDN.
- The security of your website content is taken care by Free auto-daily backups in SiteGround.
- Make your website more secure and improve its performance through the Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificates.
- If you love working remotely, SiteGround got you covered through Free SSH and SFTP Access.
7. SiteGround Takes Security Seriously
- All SiteGround servers run on the latest PHP version.
- They run Apache on suEXEC environment support, which is more secure and sophisticated.
- To block bots attacks they use IDS/IPS systems.
- They have 1H Hawk, a powerful intrusion prevention control mechanism.
- SiteGround has a fast support, and this assures you that any security breach you encounter will be solved instantly before it escalates.
Finally, SiteGround has gone a step further to protect individual website owners through the following steps.
- They have numerous tutorials and guides where you can find answers and information you need to improve your website security.
- They send weekly emails to notify you about the status of your website.
- They have numerous tools and resources, such as SG site scanner and Lets Encrypt among others, which you can use to secure your website further.
8. Affordable Pricing
- SiteGround has a 30 day money back guarantee on all plans because they know their services will not disappoint you
9. They have a Cpanel with Friendly User Interface
10. Supports your E-commerce Store
SiteGround supports all Shopping Carts, and they offer detailed tutorials on each with a variety of Merchant Account Solutions. In case you are wondering if your store will be secure, SiteGround has put in place several security mechanisms to bridge this gap;
- All accounts come with Lets Encrypt SSL in the cpanel.
- You will get WildCard SSL in GrowBig and GoGeek plans, and you can find detailed tutorials on all SSL Plans in SiteGround.
- On the GoGeek plan you will get PCI Compliance, a security software which prevents fraud of credit card data.
- If you want to test out themes, plugins and other resources before official launch, you can get a staging site in SiteGround.
- If you do not want shared hosting, you can get a semi-dedicated hosting solution in SiteGround, which is faster and secure to power your e-commerce store.
In this SiteGround WordPress hosting review I have just mentioned some few benefits you can get from SiteGround for your e-commerce store. Just as I mentioned earlier that SiteGround support is amazing, you can find out more on this through the live chat or phone call options.
- They offer a limited disc storage space.
- If you decide to work with monthly payment subscriptions, it will be more costly because they charge a monthly setup fee.
If you just starting out in your online business SiteGround has all you need in terms of speed, support, performance and pricing as clearly explained in all the reasons provided in this SiteGround WordPress hosting review. Similarly, if you are frustrated by your current hosting provider, migrate to SiteGround and they will cater for all your needs. They offer too many important features for free, which you will not find in most shared hosting plans in other providers. Moreover, you do not have to care about the disk space limitation as a beginner because they they have many hosting options, which you can upgrade to in future when your business grows. In SiteGround you get value back for your money. Most interestingly, they have a free 30-days money back guarantee in case you dislike their services, which I doubt you will. Kindly leave a comment below asking any question or adding any additional feature about SiteGround that I might have left out in this SiteGround WordPress hosting review.