20 Money-Making Stay At Home Jobs For Beginners
Many people would love to get a stay at home job, but they always do not know where to start.
In this post, I plan to share 20 “no experience” stay at home jobs perfect for beginners who are just starting on the idea of making money from home.
The upside of these entry-level work from home jobs is that you can do them from anywhere and you will only require little or no experience at all to get started.
Imagine working from your couch in your pajamas, and forgetting getting caught in traffic, lousy office days, wearing official attire every day and even leaving your children all alone.
On the other hand, the downside is that most of these stay at home jobs will not pay high at the beginning. Thus, it is advisable always to use them as side hustles before you think of quitting your job or other extra sources of income you rely upon.
I know this post will resonate with most millennials because 85% of people in this generation have reported that they would love to have a flexible job which allows them to work from anywhere and part-time during their spare hours.
- Stay at home jobs for MOMS
- Stay at home jobs for TEENS
- Stay at home jobs for WOMEN
- Stay at home jobs for LAZY PEOPLE
- Stay at home jobs for RETIREES & SENIORS
- Stay at home jobs for STUDENTS
- Stay at home jobs for TEACHERS
- Stay at home jobs for PET LOVERS
- Stay at home jobs for DADS
- Stay at home jobs HIRING NOW
- Stay at home jobs for BEGINNERS
This post may contain affiliate links, read a full disclosure policy here.
Get a $15,000 Bad Credit Loan Online
Zippy Loan is a site which prides itself in providing its clients with fast personal loans using a simple, secure and transparent process.
They have over 100+ loan lenders who provide a wide variety of unsecured loans for bad credit, which suits the needs of anyone willing to get a personal loan.
Zippy Loan Alternative: Next Day Personal Loan.Com
- All states in the United States are accepted except for New York, West Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- The amount you want to borrow must be within the range of $100.00 to $15,000.
- You must complete all the four steps above on “how it works” section to get your loan approval.
- Must be willing to work with the Lending period: 6 – 72 months.
- The process is simple, fast, secure and reliable.
- The funds are deposited directly to your account within one business day.
- All credit types are accepted even for people with a bad credit score
- They have a large pool of lenders 200 and more
- Their repayment period is more extended than in other sites.
Read this post for more details: 10 Unsecured Personal Loan Sites for Bad Credit
20 Stay At Home Jobs
1. Virtual Assistants
Most business owners, companies and online entrepreneurs, such as bloggers may not afford to hire a fulltime office secretary to run short errands for them. Also, people are extremely busy during the 21st century, meaning that every business owner will need some extra help from time to time.
Virtual assistants are some of the most demanded online helpers who can help to complete several tasks, such as;
- Blog management
- Social media management
- Email communication management
- File keeping
- Appointment booking
- Project management &
- Bookkeeping among other tasks.
Anybody can do this entry level work from home job as long as you are willing to learn new things, grow your experience and pitch out to potential clients. For example, Pinterest Virtual Assistants are on high demand because every business wants to learn how to drive traffic to their sites.
If you are a beginner virtual assistant, Fiverr Marketplace is the best place to get started with applying for VA-related jobs.
2. Teaching Languages
Teaching languages, especially English is one of the most common ways to make money as a tutor online. Sites like VIPKID, Education First and Course Hero among others discussed in detail in this post have made it easy for anyone to make above $12 per hour tutoring online.
The upside of this side hustle is that you can work from anywhere and most of those companies will prepare a teaching curriculum and plan for you. All you have to do is study the course materials and deliver the lesson at the required sessions.
On the other hand, the downside is that most of these companies will demand you to have a bachelors degree or currently be enrolled in a degree program.
Also, you must pass all the screening tests, especially the video interview where you demonstrate your skills and qualification for the job.
These two sites have been voted the best places to find tutoring jobs;
VIPKID: Earn up to $22/hour teaching english to cute Chinese Kids. They also give a $300 sign up bonus to new teachers who successfully pass all tests.
3. Freelance Writing
Before I started blogging, freelance writing was the first stay at home jobs which put food on the table for me. I helped clients to complete short writing projects on Fiverr and Flexjobs. I also, helped masters students to research their thesis projects.
Therefore, writing is an extensive freelance career where you can write articles for magazines, content for websites and blogs and even help out in academic projects. The advantage of this entry-level work from home job is that there are many places you can find writing jobs like the 25 described in this article.
However, you must be a good writer to make good money with this remote job. You can always learn on the job so do not let this discourage you at all!
Write Your Way to Your First 1k is one of the best and cheaply priced online course that will teach you how to become a six-figure salary freelance writer. It is created by Elna Cain who make more than $200 for less than 1000 words freelance writing gigs.
4. Data entry
Data entry clerks enter data from paper documents into computer systems or software. Data can also be updated from one computer program to the next.
You do not need any form of educational qualification or background to make money with this stay at home job, a characteristic which makes it one of the best entry level work from home jobs for beginners.
However, you must have fast typing speed and a good understanding of grammar rules to make any good money with this work from home career.
Flexjobs: This is an online job listing site where companies and individuals post new job alerts for potential candidates to apply.Fiverr: This is a popular freelance marketplace where people post projects they want to be completed by freelance from anywhere in the world.
5. Proofreading & Editing
Do you love reading? Or do you have an eye which is kept to details? If you do, proofreading might be the best entry level work from home job you can use to make extra cash every month.
A proofreader and editor read documents word after word to identify any grammar, punctuation and coherence errors that might have occurred during writing.
Both are processes which must take place during every writing process, which explains why such experts are always on demand.
Caitlin Pyle, the founder of Proofread Anywhere.com has put together one of the most recommended proofreading course, the General Proofreading: Theory and Practice. In case you are not ready to take the paid version, you can begin with completing the FREE Proofreading Workshop that will help you to make a decision on whether you should take the paid course.
Click Here to apply for a proofreading or Editing job today! Jobs are posted daily on this page.
Make Money On Swagbucks
SWAGBUCKS is the largest get paid to (GPT) site on the internet!
Once you get enough points, you can redeem them into cash or Amazon gift cards. For example, $7 Amazon gift card is equivalent to 620 SB.
10 ways to make money on Swagbucks
- Watch videos and earn 3 SB for every 30 minutes video.
- Download and install phone apps, and make 15-50 SBs per action.
- Earn points and cash backs when shopping online. For example, for every $2 you spend shopping you get 3 SBs.
- Complete surveys and polls, which take less than 20 minutes. You will make 40-100 SBs per survey/poll.
- Get 10% of lifetime earnings on Swagbucks of a friend you refer as long as they remain members.
- Use Swagbucks Browser Extension to discover and get alerts on latest shopping codes, swag codes, and
- Enter into sweepstakes contests, cash giveaways, and other bundles.
- Play games online and get paid 10 SBs per game.
- Use Swagbucks browser and expect to make 10-20 SBs for every 10 to 20 searches.
- Sign up to services and daily goals plans, and expect to earn more SBs.
This is the process of converting audio files into text files. It can mostly help deaf people who can read from a document but cannot listen to audio files.
It is also used in courts and businesses where information must be produced in different formats (audio, text, video, and images among others) to reach different audiences.
This is one of the best stay at home jobs because you can do it from anywhere and there are many places to find transcription jobs for beginners like the 40 discussed in that post.
Click here to apply for simple transcription jobs. Jobs are posted daily on that page so you will want to bookmark it.If you want to gain expert-level transcription skills and knowledge, check out this course, FREE General Transcription Theory & Practise created by a six-figure transcriber and the founder of Transcribe Anywhere.com
7. Survey jobs
Surveys are a common market research tools used by brands and business owners to gather information from their clients and consumers. For this reason, there so many market research companies that will pay you more than $1 per survey to share your opinions.
The advantage of this stay at home job is that you do not need any experience or special skills to complete surveys because most are simple and straightforward.Check out this post to discover 50 best survey sites that will get you started on this entry level work from home job.
Survey Junkie: is one of the best and most popular survey site where you can earn up to $75 per survey! Read a full review here.
As a blogger, I can tell you for the fact that this is one of the best stay at home jobs you should start today because it has helped me to earn a full-time income from home even after quitting my 9-5 job.
However, you must know that blogging is not a get-rich-quick kind of job, especially if you make these blogging mistakes and fail to build traffic or monetize your content the right way.
Click here to get a step by step blogging guide that will show you how I built sproutmentor and how I have used it to make money for me every month.
Ready to start a blog today? Use these links to get 50% off Bluehost Hosting (from $7.99 to $3.95 per month) and a Free Divi Theme Trial (the best WordPress theme-I use it on Sproutmentor.com, you can read more details about the Divi theme here)
9. Micro jobs
Micro jobs are simple short tasks you will be hired to complete for people who are busy or those who have too much workload to complete all of them. For example, below are some examples of micro-tasks you can use to make money with;
- Become a handyman or tasker who helps people with plumping, fixing, moving, and gardening among others @ TaskRabbit.
- Get hired to deliver groceries @ Doordash or help with shopping and delivering groceries @ Shipt
- Register to become a driver and make money through driving people from one place to another @ Lyft.
- Get paid to become a secret shopper who provides information about their shopping experience @ Mystery Shopper
- Become a tester who gives feedback on products and websites user experience @ Product Testing.
- Become a dasher and get paid to deliver food @ DoorDash
10. Customer service Representative
Brands, companies, and businesses that deal with providing services and products to customers must provide excellent customer service to their consumers.
To do so, most of those companies always hire customer service representatives and agents who will receive incoming and outgoing calls to give feedback on customer inquiries or resolve complaints brought up.
This is an excellent stay at home job because there so many companies that are always hiring customer service agents like the 100 featured in this post. Another upside of this entry-level work from home job is that most of those companies will provide free training and the equipment you need to do the job.
Flexjobs is the number one job site where jobs are posted on a daily basis. All the jobs are clearly vetted to make sure they are scam-free. Click here to get Flexjobs membership plan today!
11. Sales rep
Sales representatives are mostly hired by eCommerce stores and online retailers who want to research customers in a different location far away from their headquarters.
A sales rep is given products to sell to those customers in exchange for a commission. For example, a make-up retailer will provide the sales rep free make up samples which they will use to market their products.
12. Online Shopper
Whether you are shopping your products or shopping on behalf of your clients, there are so many shopping apps you can use to make money when shopping online.
- Swagbucks & Mypoints: If you link your shopping accounts to these websites, they shall give you points for every shopping you make. Once you gather enough points, you can redeem them into cash, shopping vouchers, gift cards, and free merchandise among other prizes.
- Ebates & Drop: These two apps will help you to save money when shopping by giving you cash back, price comparison opportunities so you can buy at the lowest prices and discount offers. Remember money saved is money earned because you would have spent it anyway.
- Amazon Survey: If you love shopping on Amazon, be sure to check out their shopper’s survey by following that link. You will be asked simple questions; in return, you shall win several rewards.
Install the ShopAtHome app to unlock the potential of earning gift cards, coupons, discount codes and cashback every time you shop with your credit card at popular online stores, such as Amazon and Macy’s among others.
Caregiving is the process of serving people lovingly by offering services to them like the examples below;
Baby Sitter: Sittercity is one of the best websites you can use to find in-home nanny jobs where you can get paid to look after babies, elderly people or even do simple tasks, such as cleaning.
Cuddler: You can also get hired to show love through giving hugs, body contact closeness and other forms of cuddling affection to people with stress, depression and other emotional disorders.
Personal Trainer or Coach: You can become a fitness trainer, career coach, mental health coach or even a counselor in this type of caregiving job. You will be hired to help people restore emotional, mental, social and physical sanity health.
Pet Sitter: Rover is one of the most popular sites you can get a pet care job, such as dog walking, pet grooming, pet training, and pet medication among others. Click here to discover 5 of the best jobs for pet lovers.
There are many ways you can make money fast through renting property and lending money such as the ones below;
- Rent out an extra room in your house: Airbnb is one of the most popular sites where you can earn more than $800 by renting your rooms to travelers and revelers.
- Rent out your car: You can list your vehicle at Getaround where interested customers will borrow it, then they shall pay after their ride or use of your car.
- Rent out money: Peer to peer lending is a common model where people lend others cash and pay back with interest. Lending Club is one of those sites you can use to practice this business model .
Getaround is voted #1 company you can find highly paid car renting clients. You can easily make more than $1000 per month after you list your car on this site. Click here to list your car @ Getaround today!
15. Selling Online
Selling is a stay at home job where you create or buy a product then resell it to interested buyers at a profit. Below are some examples of selling models you can use to make extra cash with this entry level work from home job.
Ways to sell online
- Create an online store (Ecommerce or Dropshipping) on Shopify or BigCommerce and sell any fast moving product.
- Sell any items in one these auction sites: Amazon, Etsy, CafePress, eBid, Bonanza and eBay among others.
- Sell photos @ Shutterstock
- Sell books @ BookScouter
- Sell used Panties @ PantyDeal
- Sell clothes @ LetGo
- Sell Plasma @ CSL Plasma
- Sell T-shirts @ Teespring
- Sell cars @ Blinker
16. Book Author
Love to write books? This is a highly profitable stay at home jobs especially when you are an expert on a given topic. SendOwl and Amazon Kindle are some of the best marketplaces you can use to promote and sell your eBook.
Click Here to get a Free Demo on how you can use SendOwl to create and sell your first ebook online.
17. Use Free Internet Opportunities
The internet has many opportunities you can use to make money online free during your spare time. The sites below are places where you can Get Paid To…..
- Play Games @ CashCrate
- Watch TV and videos @ Swagbucks
- Open & read emails @ InboxDollars
- Use your phone @ Nielsen Computer & Mobile Panel. Check out there 50 money making mobile apps in this post.
- Test products & Websites @ Product Testing.com
- Watch, click and post ads @ FusionCash
- Search or Surf the web @ MobileXpression For Android, and iPhones
- Become a shopping spy (secret shopper) @ Mystery Shopper
18. Course instructor
Online learning is becoming very popular. Teaching online using courses is one way to make passive income. Udemy and Teachable are some of the best platforms you can you to create a course and begin making money with this stay at home job.
Udemy has more than 15 million students, and 100 million monthly visits per month. This means you can easily make more than $1000 per month with selling courses on Udemy.
Scoping is the process of editing court proceedings transcripts. A court reporter will attend court proceedings then they shall record all the information in a computer-aided transcription machine. Later, the court reporter will hire a scopist will help to edit and perfect the final document or recording. The upside of this weekend job is that it is flexible and allows you to work from anywhere.
If you want to learn more about scoping or perfect your current skills, I recommend you take this FREE Mini Scoping Course created by a six-figure salary scopist and the founder of Internet Scoping School!
A bookkeeper keeps or organizes financial records of a business or client who hires them. They perform several tasks, such as accounting, data entry, maintaining ledgers, managing inventory, overseeing payroll, managing accounts payable & receivable, creating and balancing budgets and filling accounting reports among other duties. Check this course Bookkeeper Business Launch to get started with making money with this side hustle.