Did you know you can get paid to be an online friend to someone online?
In other words, you can easily get an online virtual friend job on get paid to talk to lonely people platforms.
Paid friendship apps, hire a friend websites, and companion jobs staffing agencies are some examples of platforms to make friends for money.
An online girlfriend is paid to make invisible friends virtually using their PC, tablets, smartphone or VR headsets.
This post might contain affiliate links. I may earn some commission if you click on such links. You shall not incur any extra cost if that happens. Please read our full affiliate disclosure here!
HOW To Get Paid To Be An Online Virtual Friend
#1- Know Who Is a Virtual Friend
A virtual friend, also known as an online friend is someone you meet online and begin communication with them online.
Therefore, this is a real person whom you play games with or talk to online without meeting them physically.
With the presence of the Internet and social media sites making virtual friends has become a widespread practice.
#2- Be Aware Of The Examples of Virtual Friend Jobs
Online friend opportunities come in many forms.
On one hand, there are those where you get paid to offer healthy online companionship to lonely people.
The client will pay you to have fun activities such as watching movies, taking walks, having coffee, cycling, hiking, and traveling with them.
On the other hand, there are those jobs where the exchange of erotic, sensual, and sexual activities is involved. When such interactions are built on a no-strings-attached arrangement, you become a friend with benefit.
Below are the common examples of virtual friend jobs;
#3- Assess Your Personality
This side hustle idea requires you to be outgoing because you will meet strangers and new people a lot.
You must be able to make them enjoy your company from the beginning.
Although this seems to be a job for extroverts, sometimes some clients are introverts and would prefer to relate with people of similar personality traits.
Therefore, make sure you understand the client first to determine if your personalities are a match.
#4- Apply For A Job
Visit the rent a friend websites below then register to become a member.
Not all are free to join, so make sure you pay the membership fee to be able to access all the benefits, especially being able to chat with clients directly.
Other places to find virtual friend jobs
- Social media sites like Instagram
- Community apps like Amino
- Chat rooms like TeenChat, KidzWorld, and SecondLife among others
- Dating sites like Cindy and Ashley dates.
- Chatting software apps like Discord
#5- Optimize Your Profile
You must create a profile that will make you stand out in the high competition.
Include all your expertise, hobbies, talents, and likes to attract a wide range of clients.
Make sure you update the payment details to make sure your money is sent to the right PayPal, Payoneer, or bank account.
If the site offers some credibility tests, take them to improve your trustworthiness and authority to the clients.
#6- Be Disciplined
Having more time will help you to serve more clients, hence making more money.
If you are too busy, this is not a job for you because clients would not want last-minute cancellations or someone who will go rush time spent together.
Thus, make sure you have enough humble time you are willing to share with someone else at their convenience.
#7- Offer Exceptional Services
Every time you land a gig to be someone’s friend, make sure you give the best because this can earn you several things, such as:
- Good reviews will increase your trustworthiness to future potential clients.
- A tip if you make the client extra satisfied.
- Returning clients build your brand loyalty
- Referrals to other clients by existing clients
- A lifetime friend: Some of the clients you meet might end up being friends you can rely on and count on for the rest of your life. For example, if you are single, you might end up meeting your spouse this way.
WHERE To Get Paid To Be An Online Virtual Friend Jobs
#1- RENT A FRIEND
App & Definition
RentAFriend.com is not a dating site, sexting app, escort agency, or any such form of relationship or sexual-based engagement website.
It is a site that strictly serves companionship and friendship purposes to its clients.
It is a platform where you can rent a local friend to hang out with.
Reviews & Pros
Large clientele base: They work with lots of clients from all over the world, which means you shall find as much work as you wish.
Freedom: You do not get hooked up with clients, but you give the freedom to choose the client you want. You also have the freedom to discuss prices with them freely.
Unlimited access: You will be free to contact any available clients without any restrictions.
Money-back guarantee: If you pay the $24.95 membership fee and you wish to quit within 30 days, you will receive a full refund of your money.
Privacy and security provided: You can easily assume a 100% anonymous identity which will protect your real identity.
Clientele & Services
Below are some examples of people who are likely to benefit from friendship services offered by this website;
- People traveling to a new city, town, or country might need to hire a local friend through this site who will show them around town.
- If you have a party, wedding, or any other social event, you can hire friends from this site to attend the event.
- If you want to learn a new talent, hobby, skill, or language, you can hire someone with that set of skills, such as dance, to teach you.
- If you are in a new town for a new job, you might get lonely so you can hire a friend to go out for dinner, movies, eating, and cycling to complete your social life needs.
- If you are on a workout, healthy-living, or weight loss journey or mission, you can hire a friend who will double as an accountability partner to motivate you in the process.
- If you are single and looking for a dating partner, this could be a great place you can get started with meeting friends who might end up being your partners eventually.
- If you are stressed, depressed, or lonely and you need someone to talk to or one to give you some advice, you can look for a friend or expect to offer such services.
- Friendship and companionship are recommended as a form of therapy for certain people, such as older people or those with mental problems.
Application Sign Up
Step one is Signing up: First, you need to follow this link them register to become a member.
You can choose to pay the $24.95 membership fee to get access to direct messaging benefits and other advantages, or you can choose to go with the free option.
Find friends: Visit this Friend Search page to begin the process of initiating contact with clients you might be willing to offer companionship services.
Jobs Payment Rate
The least amount a client is allowed to pay is $10 per hour.
This means you can charge up to $50 per hour or more, depending on your negotiating terms with the client.
Therefore, the amount of money you earn will depend on your negotiation skills, clients’ offers, and availability for work.
Read this case study to see how a client paid $47 per hour for someone from RentAFriend.com to be their friend.
#2- RENT A LOCAL FRIEND
App Goals & Reviews
RentALocalFriend.com was founded in 2012 by Alice Moura, a travel enthusiast.
The goal of this site is to hook up people who love to travel with local friends who can help to show them around, share the history of their local cities, and experience fun moments with them.
Therefore, you can get hired to be a local friend or travel agent on this site.
As a local friend, you will share several activities with the clients, such as hiking, cycling, watching movies, and teaching them new talents and hobbies.
When you sign up as a travel agent, you get paid to share knowledge and history about your locality and its cultural background. This is an ideal job for bloggers, local experts, and influencers enthusiastic about sharing their cultural heritage with newcomers.
Enter the sign-up details shown in the form below.
Your submitted application will be reviewed, and then once you are accepted to become a member of this site, you can start to browse available clients.
Note: There is a $100 registration fee paid once per year.
Jobs Payment Rate
You can make anything between $50 to $250 per day, depending on the amount of work you get, as explained in the video below.
Fiverr is a platform that brings together clients and freelancers.
The client’s posts work, and the freelancers offer their services and skills to help complete those tasks.
Jobs & Services
Apart from the services above, you can also be hired to offer Friendship Services on Fiverr. To get started, you have to sign up to get your account created.
After your account is approved, remember to create an attention-grabbing profile before you start applying to available rent-a-friend orders to increase your chance of getting work.
Gaming, giving spiritual advice, being a personal coach, and offering language coaching are some of the companionship and friendship gigs you can get hired to do on Fiverr.
Fees & Payment Rate
The lowest you can charge is $5 when you are just getting started.
You can raise that price to $25 and above as your expertise and credibility grow as explained in this Fiverr Fees guide.
Reviews & Pros
Joining is free
It is a global marketplace which means you have access to a large pool of clients
There are so many other services/jobs available apart from the friendship one.
They have a wide range of payment options.
#4- RENT A CYBER FRIEND
RentCyberFriend is another platform that offers friend renting services.
Below are some of the services you can offer as a friend on this site:
- Share your expertise and knowledge in a given skill, talent, hobby, language, or special interest in something.
- Meet lonely people looking for friendships, companionship, company, and people to chat with, or people to have fun with.
- Become a local tour guide who shows new visitors the best restaurants, shows, events, and sights to visit.
- Become a language interpreter for local tourists
- If you are an expert in your town, such as a blogger, historian, or archaeologist, you can get hired by expert travelers interested in learning that knowledge.
#5- FRIEND PC
FriendPC is another website where you can find become friends gigs.
Apart from the platform where you apply for paid friendship gigs, this platform has forums and chat rooms you can use to maximize your clients’ potential.
Read this guide to learn how you can get started on this site.
Below are some of the services you can offer at FriendPC.
#6- PEN PAL WORLD
PenWorld is a search engine and online friend formation platform which allows you to connect with people globally.
The website claims to have more than 3 million registered users, which means you will have access to a wide range of clients.
You can start on the free membership where you are allowed to message three clients only in 24 hours. If you find that limiting, you can upgrade to VIP membership starting at 10 cents allowing you to contact 50 clients daily.
Wrapping It Up
Those are the simple ways you can get paid to be an online friend on sites like RentAFriend and RentALocalFriend.
The advantage of this getting paid to be an online friend side hustle is that it is simple and low stress to be done by anyone, even people without a college degree.
Additionally, this gets paid to be a virtual friend job is ideal to do part-time during your spare hours.