20 Profitable Small Business Ideas for Women in 2020
If you are, here are 20 highly-profitable business ideas for women who want to be self-made billionaires.
- 30 Business Ideas for STUDENTS
- 30 Business Ideas for Teens
- 10 Business Ideas for MOMS
- 20 Business Ideas for LAZY PEOPLE
- 15 Business Ideas for RETIREES & SENIORS
- 5 Business Ideas for PET LOVERS
- 16 Business Ideas for TUTORS
This post may contain affiliate links, read a full disclosure policy here.
Get a $15,000 Bad Credit Loan Online
Zippy Loan is a site which prides itself in providing its clients with fast personal loans using a simple, secure and transparent process.
They have over 100+ loan lenders who provide a wide variety of unsecured loans for bad credit, which suits the needs of anyone willing to get a personal loan.
Zippy Loan Alternative: Next Day Personal Loan.Com
- All states in the United States are accepted except for New York, West Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- The amount you want to borrow must be within the range of $100.00 to $15,000.
- You must complete all the four steps above on “how it works” section to get your loan approval.
- Must be willing to work with the Lending period: 6 – 72 months.
- The process is simple, fast, secure and reliable.
- The funds are deposited directly to your account within one business day.
- All credit types are accepted even for people with a bad credit score
- They have a large pool of lenders 200 and more
- Their repayment period is more extended than in other sites.
Read this post for more details: 10 Unsecured Personal Loan Sites for Bad Credit
20 Small Business Ideas For Women
I quit my job in January 2018 due to unavoidable family issues. While I was looking for a side hustle, I came across multiple blogging income reports, which motivated me to start this blog sproutmentor.com towards the end of February 2018.
Unfortunately, I made less than $100 the whole of that year. While I was about to give up on November 2018, I decided to reach out to bloggers who were making money in my country, and that is how I met Virginia Nakitari from Earn Smart Online Class.
Virginia shared the strategies she had used to make more than $4,000 and generate more than 200,000 page views per month to her blog.
After implementing those strategies towards the end of November 2018, my traffic grew from below 20,000 page views to above 90,000. (See comparison below)
October 2018 Traffic Stats
February 2019 Traffic Stats
- iGain: $533 (See Screenshot)
- Maxbounty: $232 (See screenshot)
- Panthera Network: $77 (See screenshot)
- Mediavine: $915 (See Screenshot)
- Divi Theme: $105 (See Screenshot) This is the theme I use on this blog. Check out a full review here and also ten reasons why I love this theme.
- Course Promotion: $125 (I promoted four courses at the beginning of Feb you can check them in this post.)
- Direct Client Projects: $500 (Unfortunately, this money was sent to my PayPal account which receives cash other sources, so it’s not possible to separate this cash from the rest)
Total Income Earned February 2019: $2,487
Three Blogging Mistakes I was making before November 2018
- Writing for the wrong niche: Before November 2018 I wrote posts in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Blogging tips. When I changed to the Personal Finance Niche monetizing my posts became easy. Read this post to learn more about picking a niche. According to six-figure bloggers, below are 7 top blog niches with the most traffic and income potential;
- Beauty & Fashion
- Personal Finance
- Personal Development
- How to make money
- Health & Fitness
- Not Monetizing my Posts: All posts I wrote before November 2018 did not contain any affiliate links, sponsored posts, ads and any other strategy of making money from blog posts.
- Not Growing my traffic: Virginia taught me to use Pinterest the right way, which is the source of all my blog traffic. Since the beginning of 2019, I am working on SEO to boost my organic search traffic. I have written a detailed post on ways to drive traffic to your blog here.
I have written this detailed explanation because I wanted to show you that blogging is one of the best business ideas for women. Now that I am equipped with the right knowledge and tips I plan to grow my blog income to more than $7,000 by the end of this year in the following ways;
- Grow my traffic both from organic search and social media. After all, there is no doubt that more traffic equals more money.
- Creating & selling a digital product: I am currently building a course and an eBook so that I can make more money from sales.
- Building my email list: They say the money is in the list which means that more email subscribers equal more sales.
Important Note: I was a complete newbie without prior blogging experience or knowledge when I began doing this! Therefore, if I made it, you can do it too and even better.
Ready to start your blogging business today, check out this step-by-step guide I have compiled after my one-year blogging experience.
2. Freelance Writing
Writing is one of the best business ideas for women because writers will always be on demand to write content for blogs, business websites, news sites, academic research and social media among others.
However, if you are serious about turning this into a business, you might need to create a personal website to market your skills more professionally to potential clients internationally.
Important Note: Since you cannot write on all subject areas, you need to begin by choosing one to five of these 200 profitable freelance writing niches.
Proofreading is a business idea for women who have a passion for words and reading. It is the process of correcting grammatical, punctuation and coherence errors or mistakes from a document after reading it word for word.
One woman who can tell you the benefit of starting a proofreading business is Caitlin Pyle, the founder of Proofread Anywhere.
In her first year, she made more than $43,000 from proofreading which encouraged her to start teaching others how to be a successful proofreader. You can begin by taking her FREE proofreading workshop to understand this business model better.
Note: You can also check out these proofreading companies which are always hiring to find a job in one of them.
Make Money On Swagbucks
SWAGBUCKS is the largest get paid to (GPT) site on the internet!
Once you get enough points, you can redeem them into cash or Amazon gift cards. For example, $7 Amazon gift card is equivalent to 620 SB.
10 ways to make money on Swagbucks
- Watch videos and earn 3 SB for every 30 minutes video.
- Download and install phone apps, and make 15-50 SBs per action.
- Earn points and cash backs when shopping online. For example, for every $2 you spend shopping you get 3 SBs.
- Complete surveys and polls, which take less than 20 minutes. You will make 40-100 SBs per survey/poll.
- Get 10% of lifetime earnings on Swagbucks of a friend you refer as long as they remain members.
- Use Swagbucks Browser Extension to discover and get alerts on latest shopping codes, swag codes, and
- Enter into sweepstakes contests, cash giveaways, and other bundles.
- Play games online and get paid 10 SBs per game.
- Use Swagbucks browser and expect to make 10-20 SBs for every 10 to 20 searches.
- Sign up to services and daily goals plans, and expect to earn more SBs.
4. Virtual Assistant
Therefore, virtual assistants are always on demand to perform some of the tasks below and many others;
- Email monitoring, organization, and management
- Blog management
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Appointment bookings
- Social media management and scheduling
- Vetting clients, projects and potential partnerships
- Answering incoming calls and inquiries from customers
- Travel arrangements
- File and document organization
- Billing and accounting activities
- Conducting research
These three successful women in the virtual assistant industry will convince you that this is one of the best business ideas for women because it has helped them to make more than $30,000 a month.
Five of the Best Virtual Assistant Resources & Courses
There so many women who earn a six-figure salary with this best business idea for women, such as Janet Shaughnessy from Transcribe Anywhere.com.
I recommend you take this FREE Transcription Mini-course created by Janet Shaughnessy to kick off your journey to make money with this business idea.
One way to find high paying clients is by creating an account in one of these transcription companies which are always hiring.
Alternatively, you can create a personal website where you list your skills and resume, then begin to pitch to clients directly as explained in this course.
6. Teach or Tutor
In such a world, online tutoring is becoming one of the best business ideas for women, especially stay-at-home moms like Brittney Sutton who makes more than $2000 per month on VIPKID (one of the best sites to find tutoring jobs).
The upside of this online job is that the pay is decent (more than $12 per hour) and it has flexible working hours.
On the other hand, the downside is that you must have prior teaching experience and meet some qualifications, such as having a bachelor’s degree as explained in this post.
Three Sites you Can Find English Tutoring Jobs
7. Care Giving
Three Types of Care Giving Business
- Pet Sitting
Rover.com is one of the best places you can apply for a pet sitting job if you love cats, dogs, and other home pets. The tasks you will be hired to do include; dog walking, pet grooming, and pet training among other easy duties. To get a job on Rover, You need to fill this registration form and pass all the screening tests, such as email verification and background check tests. After account activation, complete your profile and then begin to apply to pet sitting jobs which pay an average salary of $17 per hour.
2. Baby & Elderly People Sitting
As parents and other family members travel or go to work, they will need to hire in-home nannies to look after their children and elderly relatives while they are away. Sittercity is a site where you can register an account, then you will be matched with customers looking for services of in-home nannies, such as childcare, pet care, and housekeeping among others.
3. Home Care
You can help people to complete house chores, such as gardening, laundry, packaging and delivering items from one place to another. TaskRabbit is one of the best places you can use to find such gigs.
8. Art or Craft Business
For example, you can make money from creating some of the crafts or works of art below;
- Basket weaving
- Sewing or Tailoring Items
- Knitting or Crochet products
Check out how Kate Coleman makes a living with this business idea for women to get some inspiration on how to start making money with this side hustle.
Two Marketplaces to sell your Crafts/Arts
Etsy: This is one of the largest marketplaces to sell decorations, vintage, jewelry, and clothing among other handmade crafts.
Cafepress: Create handmade crafts, such as mugs, bags and T-shirts among others then sell them in this marketplaces with many buyers.
9. Direct Sales
As a direct sales representative, you will be required to purchase a business starter kit with products and training materials you shall use as demos to clients you plan to sell to, such as family and friends. You can find an in-depth explanation here.
For all the sales you make, you earn a commission based profit or salary based on your initial agreement with your employer.
Best Direct Sales Companies
- Health, Wellness & Fitness: BeachBody, Melaleuca, and Shaklee
- Food & Drink: Tastefully Simple, Travelling Vineyard, Tealightful Tea, and Wine shop
- Home Care & Décor: Clever Container, Scentsy and Tupperware.
- Jewelry, Fashion & Accessories: Elegance Inc., Stella & Dot, and Thirty-one Gifts
- Beauty, Personal Care & Makeup: Avon, Mary Kay, and Jamberry.
10. Amazon FBA Business
This Amazon program, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) gives you an opportunity to create an online store on Amazon and sell to Amazon warehouses.
If a customer picks one of your product from those warehouses, Amazon will perform all the customer service and delivery work from you. Therefore, this means that you do not need a website or any delivery vehicles to make money with this best business idea for women.
Jessica from the Selling Family is an example of a successful woman who is making lots of money with this business idea. You can take a 7 Days FREE Email Course to pick one or two tips from her which will get you started.
11. Fashion Consultant or Personal Shopper
Apps that will help to save or Make Money when Shopping
Ebates: With this app, you can get up to 40% cash back on the original price of the product. Also, this app has a feature called the Price Magic, which compares prices in different stores, and gives you the lowest available price. Ibotta and Paribus are some similar apps you can check out too.
National Consumer Panel: Now that you will be interacting with so many consumer products, you can sign up on this site and get paid to complete shopping and consumer behavior related surveys.
Mystery/Secret Shopper: Get paid to give feedback about store agent’s service, the arrangement of store, cleanliness and all things to do with your experience at shopping stores.
Nielsen Homescan: Scan barcodes of the products you buy and also send images of your shopping receipts to earn money with this app.
Shopkick: Earn kicks for every amount you spend shopping. Also, apply for shopping gift cards, coupons and a discount offer on this site.
My Points: In this site, you earn points for doing several things, such as online shopping. You can then exchange those points into cash, gift cards, and shopping vouchers. Swagbucks is another GPT site similar to this one.
ShopAtHome: A site you can use to apply for shopping gift cards, win cash back offers and also get discounts on products you shop from your favorite stores.
12. Accountant or Bookkeeper
I recommend you take this course Bookkeeper Business Launch if you are beginners to learn the fundamentals, skills, and knowledge you need to kick start your bookkeeping career.
This is one of the best business ideas for women who love numbers because the pay is high (around $50 per hour) since this is a practical subject with low competition.
You can become a wedding photographer, portrait photographer, business photographer or take high demand stock images for web entrepreneurs.
Example of Ways to Make Money with a Photography Business
- Licenses your photos in stock images sites, such as Shutterstock and iStock.
- Contact local entrepreneurs who use images for marketing their services, such as real estate agents and chefs.
- Work for Obeo a site which is always hiring photographers.
- Submit your images to magazines and media partners, such as The Sun and Avanti Press among others.
- Offer to take images for people for a fee during occasions, such as birthdays, baby showers and funerals among others.
14. Affiliate Marketing & Niche Sites
For example, if you promote a web hosting company such as Bluehost, and someone uses your link or affiliate tracking ID to purchase you will get a 50% commission, which is half the sale.
Parties and Terms Used in Affiliate Marketing
Merchant/Advertiser: This is the primary retailer, producer or manufacturer of the product you want to promote. For example, Bluehost is a merchant in the example provided above.
Affiliate/publisher: This is now you who want to promote the merchant products. Also known as publishers, and in the real business world, these can be likened to retailers.
Consumer: This is a buyer who will purchase the product either directly from the merchant or indirectly through the publishers tracking ID.
Commission: This is the percentage of the money the affiliate will earn in the case of a successful sale.
Affiliate tracking ID: This the unique identifier is given by the merchant or affiliate network to the publishers used to track purchases.
Affiliate materials: These can be links, banners or any other method that the publisher will use to promote the affiliate products.
15. Online Course Creation
Therefore, if you have a special talent for teaching people new skills through creating online courses sharing such how-to tips.
16. Books Self-Publishing
Make Money Selling Books Sites
Make Money Reading Books Sites
17. E-Commerce, Drop Shipping or Online Selling Business
If you prefer to sell specific items check out the sites below;
- Sell used electronics, such as DVD’s, cell phones and games @ Decluttr and Gazelle
- Sell handmade items, such as T-shirts @ CafePress and Etsy
- Sell photos & Stock images @ Shutterstock
- Sell online courses @ Udemy and Teachable
- Sell creative designs, such as Logos @ 99 Designs
- Sell used and old books @ Cash4Books
- Sell anything on these marketplaces, LetGo, eBay and Craiglist.
- Sell used clothing you do not need @ Fashionphile
- Sell wedding dresses @ OnceWed
- Sell cars @ Blinker.
18. Food Business
- Personal Chef
- Life Coach or Counselor
- Recipe creator
- Food truck business
- Food blogger
Alina Muresan is an example of a successful nutritionist who is making a six-figure salary with this type of business.
19. Customer Service
You will be tasked with the role of answering incoming inquiries from customers, resolving issues, giving clear guidelines and providing feedback where necessary.
This is one of the best business ideas for women because you can work from home, the pay is decent (above $15 per hour), and the jobs have flexible working hours.
Four Best Companies to find Customer Service Jobs
Liveops: They work closely with more than 200 companies globally to provide call center and customer service solutions. They have more than 20,000 agents, and you can apply to become one of them today.
Amazon: The largest online retailer which is always hiring for virtual work from home jobs.
TTEC: Established in 1982, this company works with more than 40,000 agents to provide best services to its clients.
Sykes: This Company provides customer support outsourcing solutions to companies who want customer service and call center services.
20. Get Paid To Internet Opportunities
- Take Surveys @ Harris Poll Online, YouGov Panel, E-Poll Surveys and other survey sites in this post.
- Review Music @ Slice the Pie and MusicXray
- Search the web @ Bing Rewards, Qmee, and Zoombucks.
- Watch TV & Videos @ National Consumer Panel, Fusion Cash and Tv.
- Website & product testing @ TestIO, and Product Testing.
- Use money-making apps, such as Trim and Nielsen Computer & Mobile App. Check out 50 other money making apps in this post.
- Play games online @ Gamesville, InboxDollars, and Swagbucks
- Get paid to click ads @ InboxDollars, ClixSense andBux Inc.
Make $50 Per Survey On Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie (READ REVIEW) is a site where you take surveys, polls or participate in focus group studies then you get paid. This company was established in 2013, in Glendale, Califonia. Since then, they have managed to grow their membership to more than 300,000 members.
Ways of Making Money on Survey Junkie
- Complete Surveys
- Participate in focus groups
- Take action, such as refer a friend, complete profile, sign up, etc
After completing any of the three activities above, you earn points. When you gather enough points, you will be able to redeem them into one of the following rewards;
- PayPal money; For example, 1000 points is equivalent to $10
- Gift Cards
- Shopping vouchers from famous online retailers, such as Amazon, eBay and Macy’s among others.
Read this post for more details: 50 Best Survey Sites for 2019