Are you a stay at home mom looking legitimate work from home jobs?
The good news is that there are many work from home jobs for moms who want to make a full-time income while working in their pajamas.
The upside of these stay at home mom jobs is that these are best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience meaning that you do not need any college degree or technical expertise to make money with them.
All you need to make a full-time income with these jobs for stay at home moms is a computer, internet connection, time, conducive environment and the willingness to learn, explore new opportunities and grow.
I am a stay at home mom who is able to make above $4,000 per month using two legitimate stay at home jobs; blogging and freelance writing. Therefore, you can do it too!
In this post, I will show you 21 stay at home mom jobs you can use to make a full-time income during my spare time from home.
This post may contain affiliate links, read a full disclosure policy here.
A proofreader reads a document word after word with the aim of correcting grammar, spelling, and coherence mistakes which might have been missed during editing.
Therefore, editing is done before proofreading which means the two processes have different purposes during the writing process.
This is one of the best stay at home mom jobs ideas because there are so many places you can get paid proofreading gigs like the 40 proofreading jobsfeatured in that post.
Another upside of this work at home job for moms is that you can make a six figure full-time income with this side job.
I recommend you take this FREE Proofreading workshop created by one the finest six figure proofreader, Caitlyn Pyle, the founder of Proofread Anywhere.com.
2. Taking Surveys
Taking surveys is one of the best straightforward work from home jobs for moms to make at least $1000 per month. The upside of this work at home side hustle is that there are more than 100 survey sites on the internet you can use to make money on the side.
Completing a single survey in most of these survey sites only takes less than 10 minutes. This means that you can take more than 20 surveys per day.
Some survey sites even pay in cash instead of points which you must exchange into money and other prizes. This is time-saving and also convenient for most people.
5 of the Best surveys sites
- 15 High Paying Survey Sites That Pay in Cash
- 50 of the best survey sites to make money with in 2019
- 10 Reasons why Survey Junkie is the best survey site for 2019
Blogging is one of the best jobs for stay at home moms because you can do it from anywhere even in your pajamas from the comfort of your home.
If you are wondering if bloggers make money, the answer is yes, only when a blog is well monetized. For example, these bloggers Alex & Lauren from Create & Go.com and Michelle Schroeder from Making Sense of Cents.com make over $100,000 from their blogs.
If you still don’t believe that bloggers make money, let’s use the case of Sproutmentor.com, I started this blog eight months ago, and I am making slightly close to $2,000 per month. (see more details here)
I should be making more, but I make two deadly blogging mistakes in the first four months; 1) I did not monetize the blog from the beginning, and 2) I failed to work on traffic more instead of writing too much content.
In summary, a blog can make you a full time income as long as you do it right from the beginning. See this step by step guide on how to start a blog from scratch with zero past experience.
10 things you need to KNOW/HAVE before you start a blog
|SHOULD KNOW/HAVE||FIND IT HERE!|
|How to choose a blogging niche and target audience|
|How to build a blog|
|How to make money with a blog|
|How to drive traffic to a blog|
|Tools & resources you must use|
|How to perform blog SEO (search engine optimization)|
Ready to start a blog today? Use these links to get 50% off Bluehost Hosting (from $7.99 to $3.95 per month) and a Free Divi Theme Trial (the best WordPress theme-I use it on Sproutmentor.com, you can read more details about the Divi theme here)
4. Start An Online Business
Starting a business is not always easy because there will be losses in the beginning and it will take some time before you begin making a sustainable income.
The advantage of this side job for stay at home moms is that there so many types of small business ideas for women which you can start today.
Another upside is that some those business ideas are free to start which means you will not need any capital to get started. Check out this post to read further how you can start a business without money.
For those businesses which require capital, I recommended you check out the offer below.
No capital to start the online business of your dream? No worries because Zippy Loan lenders are willing to give you a non-secured loan for bad credit from $100 to $15,000. Check out other 10 personal loans sites similar to Zippy Loan in that Post.
5. Make Money with Swagbucks
Swagbucks is a Get Paid (GPT) to site.
GPTs are sites where you complete tasks and get paid after in the form of cash or points. Also, you do not need any prior experience or technical skills to make money on these sites.
These are perfect work from home jobs for moms because you can do them during your spare time as you relax. You can also complete those tasks from your phone, so you do not need a computer to make money on these GPT sites.
After you gather enough SBs on Swagbucks, you exchange them into cash, gift cards, merchandise, shopping vouchers, and other rewards. For instance, 500 SBs is equivalent to $5 gift card while 2,500 SBs is equal to a $25 gift card. For example, Swagbucks will pay you approximately 3 SBs per 30-minutes video/TV show.
10 Other ways to make money on Swagbucks
- Use the Swagbucks browser to surf the web and earn 10-20 SBs for every 20 searches.
- Earn a free $5 sign up bonus given to all new members.
- Test, review, download and install mobile apps and earn 15-50 SBs per app.
- Shop online and earn points and cash backs. For instance, for every $1 you spend on shopping, you receive 3 SBs.
- Complete surveys and polls and make around 40-100 SBs per survey.
- Set and complete daily goals and earn more than 10 SBs for every goal you accomplish.
- Play games online and earn more than 10 SBs for every game.
- Refer a friend and take 20% of their lifetime earnings at Swagbucks.
- Find and use swag codes and make more than 5 SBs per Swag code.
- Complete other offers such as taking tests and make more money.
Other GPT sites similar to Swagbucks
The advantage of a tutoring job is that it is flexible, and you are allowed to work part-time during the hours you are available.
The other upside of this work from home job for moms is that it is high paying and there are many companies offering tutoring jobs.
Filling out the application form will take you less than 10 minutes, which anybody can do. Do not forget that the video interview process done immediately after sending your application is the most crucial part.
You will be required to schedule a session for your video interview to speed up the application process. When scheduling the interview, you need to know where the company is based so that you can book a time appropriate in their time zones.
All the companies below do not require you to schedule an interview, but most will so make sure you read the application requirements carefully.
These two sites have been voted the best places to find tutoring jobs;
a) VIPKID: Earn up to $22/hour teaching english to cute Chinese Kids. They also give a $300 sign up bonus to new teachers who successfully pass all tests.
Most of us are always shopping for groceries, clothes, furniture, and food among other items. This is an ideal stay at home mom job because all these shopping apps are free.
One amazing app that will pay you to shop is Shopkick, which is a smartphone app which will reward you “kicks” after you complete any of the 8 activities below.
After you gather enough kicks, you can redeem them into gift cards or PayPal cash. Check out this case study of a woman who makes more than $1,200 per month with this app.
8 ways to make money when shopping with Shopkick
- Walking into stores: All you have to do is turn on the app anytime you walk into your favorite store to earn kicks.
- Scanning barcodes: All you have to do is turn the app on then hold your phone close to the product barcode.
- Submit shopping receipts: Do not through away your shopping receipts anymore because this app will pay you to share them with their team.
- Link your credit card: Do you love to pay with your credit card? If you do you can link it to this app and you shall earn kicks for every dollar you spend.
- Invite friends: For every new member who signs up using your referral code, you shall get 250 kicks.
- Watch videos: Check out the in-app promotion videos to make money with this app.
- Scan QR codes from home: If you do not have time to go into stores you can also submit online QR codes to make more money.
- Shop online: You can also shop in Shopkick partner stores to earn more kicks.
Other apps that will pay you to shop
8. Complete Gigs on Fiverr
Fiverr is one of the largest freelance marketplace on the internet. This platform brings together clients, business owners and freelancers looking for work. For more details, check out this video to see how Fiverr works.
This is one of the best jobs for stay at home moms because you cannot earn anything below $5 because that is the lowest price clients must pay for projects.
On this site there is work for anybody with any of the skills below;
- Graphic design
- Digital marketing
- Writing &Translation
- Video & animation
- Music & audio editing and creation
- Programming & Information Technology
- Business services, such as virtual assistance, bookkeeping, data entry and more.
- Lifestyle services, such as image consultants, coaches, trainers and more.
9. Use Your Phone To Make Money
I know you have a smartphone, and most likely you use it to make calls, surf the web and socialize on social media.
The good news is that you can use that same phone to make extra money through downloading, installing and using one of these 50 money earning apps.
Additionally, some of those apps will pay you around $3 to $50 for doing nothing apart from downloading, installing and keeping the apps active.
This is also a convenient stay at home job for anyone else apart from moms because all these mobile apps are 100% FREE!
These two money earning apps have been voted to be the best by our readers and other users on popular reviews sites, such as TrustPilot;
a) Nielsen Mobile and Computer Panel: This app will pay you $50 if you keep it active in your device.
b) Trim: A financial manager and assistant app which help you to budget better and save lots of money.
The popularity and demand for online shopping are growing due to the high usage of the Internet. Therefore, starting an online store or selling items in another online store can be a highly profitable stay at home mom job.
Shopify is one of the best platforms where you can start your own online store or shop. They have a 30-days free trial period so you have nothing to lose if you choose to try this option. You can also check out BigCommerce which works the same way.
Ten things you can sell online
- Photos: Sell stock images and photos at DepositPhotos, Shutterstock, Foab, iStock, Adobe, and Getty Images.
- Handmade Crafts: Sell crafts, artifacts and other handmade product at Etsy, Artfire, eBay, Handmade at Amazon, Cargoh, Folksy.
- Used baby gear: Sell clothes that your baby doesn’t use anymore at; Babierge, Baby’s Away, goBaby and Craiglist.
- T-shirts: Design and sell T-shirts at Teespring, Spreadshirt, Whooptee, Ooshirts, Designa Shirt and Uberprints.
- Courses: Create and sell courses at Udemy, Teachable, Skillshare, Lynda, Udacity, General Assemblyand Coursera
- Used books: Sell used books at BookScounter, eBid, Bissell, Bonanza.
- Themes: Sell themes and other WordPress product at Envato Elements Marketplace and Theme Forest, Elegant Themes, Divi Cake.
- Car: Sell secondhand cars at Blinker, and Getaround.
- Programming Codes: Are you a programmer, sell codes at Github
11. Sales Representative
Sales reps are hired by manufacturers and wholesalers to help market and sell their products to businesses and organizations. They can also be hired by independent sales agencies.
The key responsibility of a sales rep is to sell stock, bring new customers and build brand loyalty in existing customers.
Most companies pay then on commission basis out of all the products they sell or new clients they bring.
Click here to sign up as an Avon Sales Rep to begin making 40% commission on all your sales and other added benefits.
Writing is not one of those simple work from home jobs loved by many people.
Therefore, if you are someone like me who loves to express yourself through writing, this can be one of the best side jobs for you.
It is a high paying stay at home mom job because you earn above $9 per hour, and if you have a high typing and research speed, you can write many articles per day, an end up making good money.
Also, there are many freelance marketplaces, jobs sites and social media networks you can use to find high paying writing jobs.
For instance, Fiverr is one of the largest freelance marketplaces on the internet with too many freelance gigs starting from as low as $5.
Best Freelance Writers Resources & Courses
- 30 Days or Less Freelance Writing Success
- Write Your Way to Your First 1K
- Make Money as a Freelance Writer
- Become a Skilled Writer
13. Get a Part-time job
Did you know some companies hire work from home employees for part-time and seasonal jobs?
These are perfect work from home jobs for moms because they are high-paying and have flexible working hours and location.
10 Examples of work from home jobs you can get hired to do
- Call agents, Chat agents and customer service representatives: These are examples of companies that hire for such positions; Amazon, Convergys, Enterprise Holdings, Liveops, and Sitel.
- Travel Agents: American Express, AirTreks, World Travel Holdings, and Working Solutions.
- IT Support: Apple and Dell.
- Editing & Proofreading: You can find jobs in these companies; Cactus, Edit fast and First Editing.
- Insurance Jobs: The Hartford and Prudential.
- Search engine evaluators: Appen, and Lionbridge
- Nursing: Aetna, UnitedHealth Group, Humana and Wellbox.
- Online Jurors: eJury.com and Online Verdict.
- Testers: User Testing, and Test IO.
- Social Media Consultant: Mashable, Appen, $99 Social.
14. Get a Care-giving Job
Are you a people’s person who feels good helping people complete tasks?
Helping people is one of the work from home jobs for moms because it’s in a mom’s nature to show care for others.
I am sure this is a job you shall enjoy to do because there are many jobs for caregivers out there.
8 examples of work from home jobs for caregivers
- Pet sitting: Get hired to take care of pets at Rover, Dog Vacay, Petsitters, BestFriendsPetCare, Petsit, and Ceasar’s Way
- Baby Sitting or start a home daycare: Care.com and Sitter.com.
- Become an online Stylist: Stitchfix, Bombfell, Rockbox
- Run short errands for people: Handy, Airtasker, TaskRabbit, Gigwalk, Field Agent.
- Drive people around: Uber, Lyft, HopSkipDrive, Wingz, Juno and iCarpool.
- Translators: SDL, Telelanguage, and Welocalize.
15. Data Entry
Data entry is a very simple job for stay at home moms because it does not require too much thinking or expert level typing skills.
It is a process where a data entry clerk or agents reads data from documents then inputs it into a computer software, such as Microsoft Excel using a keyboard, scanner, voice recognition technology and copying into a disk among other means.
This is one of the best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience because you can easily make $3 to $50 per task.
Leasing, letting or hiring are also other forms used to refer to this stay at home mom job.
During renting you shall enter into an agreement with another person who wants to temporary use your goods, service or property. They will pay a given amount after the agreement.
There are many ways you can make money fast through renting property and lending money such as the ones below;
- Rent out an extra room in your house: Airbnb is one of the most popular sites where you can earn more than $800 by renting your rooms to travelers and revelers.
- Rent out your car: You can list your vehicle at Getaround where interested customers will borrow it, then they shall pay after their ride or use of your car.
- Rent out money: Peer to peer lending is a common model where people lend others cash and pay back with interest. Lending Club is one of those sites you can use to practice this business model.
17. Delivery Agent
If you have a car and some driving skills, there are so many companies which can hire you to deliver food, groceries, pizza, newspapers, and other packages to people.
Most delivery driver jobs will pay above $5 per hour, which means you can easily make more than $300 every day if you cover more round trips.
Another advantage of these part-time delivery jobs is that there 100% free, and they give you the flexibility to set your working schedules so that you can work whenever you want at your extra hours.
18. Sell Knowledge & Information
You might have expert-level skills in several areas, such as craft making, cooking, child care, travelling, shopping, website development and many others.
In such a case, there is something you can teach other people who want to grow their skills and knowledge in those areas.
The upside of this stay at home job is that you will be able to make money while you sleep since this is a source of passive income.
Four ways to sell knowledge
- Write a book: You can create an eBook in one these sites and sell it to make money; SendOwl, or Amazon Kindle Publishing.
- Sell Courses: create an online course and sell it at Udemy, or Teachable.
- Become a Vlogger: This are YouTube content creators. A Youtube channel makes money through advertising, affiliate marketing and product sales among other ways discussed in this post.
- Start a Podcast: Podcasts operate and make money the same way as a YouTube channel only that one is video content while the other is audio content based.
Transcription is one of the best typing jobs for stay at home moms where you listen to an audio file and type out the information you hear into a word program.
You must be a fast typist, good listener and have high-quality headphones. Therefore, you need frequent practice and some basic training like the one recommended below to build a successful online business in this real work from home opportunity.
Equipment You Need
- A computer or any other electronic device, such as laptop
- A noise-canceling headset for Skype calls
- High-speed internet connection
- A quiet home office free from noise and distraction
- Express Scribe Software (This will save time you might use when using a mouse)
Three of the Best Transcription Resources & Courses
Bookkeepers are hired by businesses or individuals to perform accounting-related tasks, such as maintaining ledgers, managing inventory, overseeing payroll, managing accounts payable & receivable, creating and balancing budgets and filling accounting reports among other duties.
This is one of the best stay at home mom jobs because bookkeepers earn a decent salary of approximately $20 to $50 when you are a beginner. Once you get experienced in the job, you can easily make over $60 per hour.
Scoping is the process of editing court transcripts. A scopist takes the transcript and audio of the court proceedings then corrects and edits them to remove any vocabulary and punctuation errors.
Scoping is a lucrative work from home career because you can work from anywhere, one is highly paid ($30,000 to $50,000 per year), and these are skills on high demand.
Internet Scoping School is one of the best places you can get scopist jobs and all the information you need to know about this work from home job. Click Here to Enroll in a Free Scoping Mini Course >>>>>>>
22. Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants provide administrative, technical, social and creative assistance to individuals and businesses such as the ones below;
- Email monitoring, organization, and management
- Blog management
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Appointment bookings
- Social media management and scheduling
- Vetting clients, projects and potential partnerships
- Answering incoming calls and inquiries from customers
- Travel arrangements
- File and document organization
- Billing and accounting activities
- Conducting research
The upside of this work from home job for moms is that virtual assistants make around $12-$100 per hour depending on the services you offer, amount of experience and level of expertise.
Five of the Best Virtual Assistant Resources & Courses
- 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success
- Become a Pinterest VA
- Become a Virtual Assistant
- International Virtual Assistants Association
- VA Networking
- The Bootstrap VA
If you want more mom jobs like the 21 discussed in this post, you simple run a search on Google, Pinterest or YouTube with one or a combination of the following search queries;
- Jobs for stay at home moms
- Stay at home jobs for moms
- Stay at home jobs be Mums
- Work at home jobs for moms
- Stay at home mom jobs
- Side jobs for stay at home moms
- Best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience
- Work from home jobs for moms
- Mommy jobs online
- Work from home jobs
- Work at home jobs
Are you a stay at home mom making a full time income with any of these jobs for stay at home moms? If you are feel free to leave a comment below sharing your experience or adding a job I might have left out.
Did you like this post? If you did show some love through sharing or pinning it >>>